Monday, December 03, 2007

the root

feel like it's my duty to share with all the of oklahoma's revolutionaries.
here's the statement of purpose:

"I am here to promote positive expression. I am here to revolt. I am here for the emancipation of society’s mental slavery. I am here to speak and be heard. I am here to raise awareness, speak the truth, run-a-muck, and nail a proclamation to the door of this land. This is considered underground, but roots are underground. Your love, your passion, your hopes, your dreams, your family, your friends, your beliefs, your politics; the ideas that shape you as an individual are YOUR ROOTS. Embrace them and let them hold you firm as you grow through this life; after all, you only have one opportunity to spread your branches. If your roots are weak, or poisoned, or cut short, you will die. I am THE ROOT – UNDER GROUND. I have an agenda, I have a political undertone, I have a biased opinion, I have no corporate funding, I am not a sellout, I am not a pushover, I am not weak, I am not your everyday run-of-the-mill publication. I am arrogant, I am proud, I am strong, and I am resilient. Take from me all you can, let this be a breath of fresh air. Let this be liberation. Let this be revolution. Let this say everything you’ve been waiting to say for such a long time. Live your life, live without regrets, live without the oppression of your mind, or even worse the oppression from the society that has been spoon-feeding you your ideology since birth. LOVE! LIVE! PROGRESS! EXPRESS! I am here until I am heard. I am living. You are living. This is living. - THE ROOT UNDER GROUND"

REVOLUTIONARY! AWESOME!!! WITH SUCH HARD-HITTING ARTICLES AS:
"Those Damn Alley Cats - Get Your Pets Spade & Neutred" by Writer#1
"Body Modification - Morbid self-mutilation or artistic commitment?" by JimmyJimmy
"$ELLING OUT of BUYING IN: have graffiti artists SOLD OUT?" by Okie
"Slow down." by Writer#1 (this one is a restaurant review of sorts)
so there you have it... the root underground... the revolution in oklahoma. power to the people.

(edited by Flinthearted for the sake of our poor, poor eyes)

1 comment:

Simon Estes said...

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, if you wanted to preserve the formatting you could have at least put it behind a link with a strongly worded warning!