Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bumper Stickers

So I'm driving to work this morning and I see a really nice Lexus with one bumper sticker on it that reads "Cure Autism NOW!"

Now, I completely understand the point behind this bumper sticker, and yes I'd love to see Autism cured as well. But the sticker struck me as funny. Mainly one word stuck me as funny: "NOW!" As if the entire scientific community is taking a break, watching MTV or playing PS3 instead of doing research.

(Scene: Two scientists playing Xbox 360 in front of a huge plasma TV. A third scientist walks in.)
Scientist 1: Hey wassup Bill.
Scientist 2: So, you wouldn't believe what I saw on my way to work today!
Scientist 3: What?
Scientist 2: There were signs for Autism to be cured....NOW!
Scientists 1 and 3: What!?!
Scientist 2: Yeah!! And lots of them. Apparently people are fed up with waiting.
Scientist 3: Crap...I was on level 45 and about to get the Heaven's Axe too!
Scientist 1: Well... Bill is right. We should go ahead and get on that. The world is waiting, and they seem upset.
Scientist 2: Can you imagine how pissed they'll be when they learn that we've had the cure for AIDS, but have just been too busy playing Tony Hawk to release it.
(All three scientists begin to more toward the lab station)
Scientist 1: You know...I'm kinda hungry.
Scientist 2: Me too.
Scientist 3: I could go for some food.
Scientist 1: Lets do this later. I'm in the mood of Arbys!
Scientist 2 and 3: Yeah! Sounds good.
(All leave)

Drop curtain to thunderous applause.

Seriously though, who thought up that bumper sticker? Someone who is really pissed off, I guess. "Man they STILL haven't solved the Autism problem. I don't care if it’s safer to test these drugs on rats. I want Autism cured and I want it cured NOW!"

Hmmm... I don't know- struck me as funny. Maybe I'm the only one.

1 comment:

Casaubon said...

Well, how can you blame them? When there's Arby's to be had...